Regular Memberships are available for those persons who have graduated in medicine and who are licensed to practice in a Canadian province or territory and who are any of the following:
- Certified by or hold fellowship in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or le Collège des médecins du Québec in a recognized branch of Laboratory Medicine;
- In possession of credentials which in the opinion membership committee of the Association (the “Membership Committee”), confirmed by the Association President (the “President”), are the equivalent of paragraph (a) above;
- In possession of special skills and knowledge by virtue of a minimum of four (4) years’ training in a medical laboratory science, who are:
- not recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or le Collège des médecins du Québec; and
- who the Membership Committee, confirmed by the President, shall consider as possessing qualifications equivalent to paragraphs (a) and (b) above.