Promoting High Quality Standards in Pathology
The Canadian Association of Pathologists (Association canadienne des pathologistes), a voluntary professional organization, advances the interests of our profession and promotes high quality standards for patient care by providing national leadership and promoting excellence in pathology and laboratory medicine practice, education and research.
Who We Are
The CAP-ACP (Canadian Association of Pathologists – Association canadienne des pathologistes) is your national specialty society. We are the voice for specialists in pathology and laboratory medicine across Canada. The CAP-ACP is a voluntary professional organization which advances the interests of pathologists in Canada in five major areas:
- Development of national guidelines related to all areas of laboratory medicine practice, with specific emphasis on quality assurance, workload, specialty testing, and patient safety.
- Collaboration with national and provincial organizations in creating position papers and other initiatives that will shape the future training and practice of laboratory physicians. We are working with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and its specialty training committees; the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer; the Canadian Alliance of Laboratory Medicine; the recently created Canadian Leadership Council in Laboratory Medicine; and others.
- Provision of high-quality accredited education programs including CPD modules, affordable workshops, the Annual Residents Review Course and an Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Development of national external proficiency testing programs (e.g. Canadian Immunohistochemistry Quality Control)
- Advocacy on behalf of Canadian pathologists with government, national and provincial regulatory bodies, other national specialty societies, the media, and the public.
The Canadian Association of Pathologists is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada to provide continuing professional development (CPD), and to accredit and co-develop group learning events and self-assessment programs with other physician and non-physician organizations.
Seeking Career Opportunities
Are you looking for a career in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine? Create a Careers profile and we will post your interest on the Careers page!
Offering Career Opportunities
Spread the word about your career opportunities! Submit an application through the Careers Dashboard to have your advertisement added to our website.