This is a general notice to all delegates, vendors and poster presenters.
At noon on Friday, June 23, 2023, the CAP-ACP was informed of a strike action by the Hilton Lac Leamy which directly impacts the meeting space and accommodations for this year’s Annual Scientific Meeting, July 7-9.
Our partners at the Hilton Lac Leamy terminated our contract and refunded our deposits. As a result of this situation, we have worked hard to secure the Fairmont Château Laurier in Ottawa as a NEW VENUE over the SAME DATES. The Fairmont Château Laurier has attempted to price match our contract with the Hilton and is offering a nightly rate of $249. ($44 more expensive than originally quoted for the Hilton.) We understand that this is a frustrating development, and we have taken steps to minimize the disruption for our members.
If you booked in the CAP-ACP Hilton conference block with the booking link:
- Any room reservations made directly with the Hilton using the CAP-ACP conference rate, up until Friday June 23, will be automatically transferred to the Fairmont Château Laurier and no action need be taken by you at this time.
- There is a small increase in price: $205 to $249 per night. This price adjustment is at your cost therefore make sure to budget accordingly or adjust your reservation with the Fairmont.
- The transfer of your accommodations will take some time. Please give the hotel 48 hours to update their system and for the Hilton to cancel your reservation. If there are any issues, we will send a communication.
- Reservation numbers will be shared once we have them.
If you booked your room through a third-party vendor (e.g. Expedia) or if you made alternate reservations outside the block:
- You are responsible for making any required changes to your reservations.
- We have NO access to third party bookings as these are NOT considered in our block and we have No access to make the change.
- You will need to cancel at the Hilton and rebook at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier, using the booking link that will be available on the www.cap-acp.com website within the next 24 hours, in order to secure your room at the Fairmont.
If you are an exhibitor:
- GES is the show company for both sites. Any shipments received to GES will be delivered to the Fairmont.
- Any shipments sent directly to the Hilton Lac Leamy (not via GES) will need to be rerouted, by you, to the Fairmont.
- A subsequent email will be sent with specific next steps. Keep an eye out for more details to come regarding the floor plan.
Our team is dedicated to minimizing the impact of this change on our participants, esteemed speakers, delegates, sponsors and other partners.
Rest assured that the program remains otherwise unchanged and that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding scientific meeting. We will continue to update our website with the latest details and communicate any pertinent information as it becomes available. We kindly ask for your understanding as we navigate these unforeseen circumstances.
If you have not booked or registered yet, there is still time! Visit the CAP-ACP 2023 Annual Scientific Meeting page for more details.
The CAP-ACP looks forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Château Laurier for a successful CAP-ACP Annual Scientific Meeting “Focused on the Future”. Please check the website often for updates as new details emerge.