Conference App Has Launched!
The app for the Conference is now available at:
(Android) Google Play URL: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cap.gd.annualmeeting2014
(iOS) iTunes URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cap-acp-2014/id890519625?mt=8&uo=4
Join us in Toronto in July 2014!
Toronto is the largest city in Canada and home to more than two million people. Known as one of the most populous cities in North America, the city continues to thrive as Canada’s financial and business capital as well as the nation’s host to an ever exploding arts scene. Dating back to the 18th century, the diverse and modern cosmopolitan city stands as the county’s’ cultural heartland, enriched with a mixture of entertainment, events and major historical and archaeological artifacts embedded throughout the city, including Fort York which houses Canada’s largest collection of original War of 1812 buildings.
Shaped by the diverse cultures and heralded as one of the most multicultural cities worldwide, Toronto’s core is known as one of the most vibrant regions in North America. Toronto lays on the edge of Lake Ontario, providing beautiful scenery and spectacular views from the skyline towers rooted throughout the core of the city. Take a ride up one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World and tallest freestanding structure for over three decades, The CN Tower (built in 1973), and enjoy a meal at one of Toronto’s finest restaurants 360 while getting a revolving view of the city. If heights aren’t your thing, Toronto’s booming exquisite dining scene will have something for you, offering unlimited cafes, restaurants, and diners.
CONFERENCE VENUE & ACCOMMODATIONS
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This activity was approved by the Canadian Association of Pathologists.
Through an agreement between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert Royal College MOC credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CAP ANNUAL MEETING
At the end of the meeting participants will be able to:
- Discuss recent developments in diagnosis, prognosis and treatment based on new biomarkers and molecular signatures;
- Describe the pathogenesis of disease in several areas in Pathology;
- Present clinical and/ or research work to colleagues;
- Evaluate and validate different educational tools in residency training for learning and assessment;
- Discuss and assess the significance of new findings and observations in the context of current literature.
OTHER MEETINGS HELD DURING THE CAP-ACP ANNUAL MEETING
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, General Pathology Specialty Committee.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Anatomic Pathology Specialty Committee.
- Annual General Meeting, Section of Canadian Society of Cytopathology.
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Chairs of Pathology.
- Canadian Leadership Council on Laboratory Medicine Executive Meeting.
- Canadian Leadership Council on Laboratory Medicine Council Meeting.