Mobile App is now available at this link. All program information is available on the app. Printed materials will not be provided
IMPORTANT UPDATE! The following workshops have Advance Materials for review by participants:
W1012 Case Based Approach to Soft Tissue Tumors
W1014 Breast Pathology: Challenges and Pitfalls
W1022 Intraepithelial Neoplasias of the External Genitalia and Associated Inflammatory Dermatological Lesions
W1023 2015 WHO Classification of Lung Tumours – The Impact on Pathology Practice
Explore PEI Planning on spending some time exploring PEI after CAP-ACP 2017? Check out these suggestions for things to do in PEI.
IMPORTANT UPDATE! The CMPA Workshops on “Reframing Canadian Pathology Practice in the Era of Patient-centred Care” will now be held on Monday:
1330-1500 Workshop: Shifting the Focus From Professional Liability To Accountability
1530-1700 Workshop: How to Resolve Diagnostic Disagreement Between Physicians
There is something for everyone at CAP-ACP 2017!
Track A: Canadian Practice-Related Topics: Includes sessions related to the intrinsic CanMEDS roles, including management, leadership, patient safety, quality assurance, professional issues, etc.
Track B: General Practice: Topics related to the general diagnostic practice. It could represent areas that affect most pathologists, such as frozen section, grossing and medical autopsies, or general aspects of a subspecialty that is practiced by most pathologists, such as gastrointestinal, gynecologic and genitourinary pathology. It also includes topics related to general pathology/lab medicine.
Track C: Subspecialty Practice: Topics related to specialties that require additional training (e.g. neuropathology, forensic pathology) or that are usually restricted to subspecialized pathologists (e.g. medical kidney diseases, ocular pathology). It also includes in-depth sessions of broad subspecialties that are beyond the scope of the generalists (e.g. vasculitides involving the GI tract).
Annual Theme: Developing Strategies for a Sustainable Career in Pathology: Plenary sessions with national and international leaders from various fields exploring the unifying theme of strategies to sustain a pathology career with ever increasing workflow demands.
Join us in Charlottetown
The 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting, “Developing Strategies for a Sustainable Career in Pathology“, will be held June 10-13 in Charlottetown and will feature a multi-disciplinary scientific program, renowned guest speakers, an extensive trade show and a great social program. The Annual General Meeting for CAP-ACP will also be held during this conference.
- Plenary sessions with national and international leaders from various fields exploring the unifying theme of strategies to sustain a pathology career with ever increasing workflow demands.
- The conference will have well defined beginning and closure, with three-day duration and a pre-conference day with in-depth workshops.
- Concurrent sessions in three different learning tracks that will address the various content interests, scopes of practice, and learning styles of the audience: Subspecialty practice, General practice and Canadian practice-related topics.
- Partnerships with renowned organizations such as the CMPA and the Ontario Molecular Pathology Research Network to offer hands-on learning opportunities at the highest level.
- A later daily starting time and an earlier daily end of activities with synchronized breaks and lunch to allow more networking opportunities.
- A networking lunch for Canadian trainees and pathology leaders for optimizing employment, fellowship and mentorship possibilities.
- An array of cultural and social events showcasing everything PEI and the Maritimes have to offer.
SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS
Don’t miss your chance to highlight your company’s products and services by taking a leading role as a sponsor of CAP-ACP Annual Meeting.